TUTORIAL 1 (9.00am – 12.40pm)
Title: Introduction of Low Power, Wide Area Networks For ‘Internet of Things’ Engineers and Decision Makers
Speaker: Mr. Shamry Mubdi b. Subra Mullisi
Synopsis: The growing popularity of the Internet of Things has put the spotlight on low power, wide-area networks (LPWAN). This technology is ideal for connecting devices that send and receive small data packets over long distances while using very little power—but there’s much more to it than that. Some of the topics that will be discussed:
- A quick overview of mesh vs. star topology choice.
- Nine fundamental concepts including sensitivity, processing gain, and interference.
- A review of industry leaders, including Sigfox and the LoRa Alliance.
1-Day Workshop: RM300
Half Day Tutorial (attending 1 tutorial): RM200
Full Day Tutorial (attending 2 tutorials): RM300
2. All participants are required to bring their own laptop.
3. If you have any inquiries, please contact 012-2402419